The Conseil's primary mission is to ensure compliance with the ethical obligations
In order to support public confidence in administrative justice, the Conseil's mission is to ensure compliance with the ethical obligations of members working within the organizations under its jurisdiction, which are the following:
- the Tribunal administratif du Québec
- the Tribunal administratif du travail
- the Tribunal administratif des marchés financiers
- the Tribunal administratif du logement
- the Bureau des présidents des conseils de discipline
The Conseil also has the following functions:
- to submit recommendations to the Minister of Justice concerning the administration of administrative justice;
- to establish the code of ethics that applies to the members of the Tribunal administratif du Québec;
- to annually publish in the Gazette officielle du Québec the list of departments and bodies constituting the government administration and the list of bodies responsible for resolving disputes between an individual and an administrative authority.
The term judge used on this site refers to the members of the above-mentioned administrative tribunals, as well as the special clerks of the Tribunal administratif du logement and the chairpersons of the Bureau des présidents des conseils de discipline.